CIMPSA is a UK-based regulatory professional development authority, for the sport and physical activity sector. Internationally recognised CIMPSA, provides accreditation and endorsement for health and fitness training providers across the United Kingdom.
What Does CIMPSA Stand for and What is the Purpose of it?
CIMPSA is the acronym for Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity. With a vision and mission to develop a respected, regulated and recognised sport and physical activity sector, CIMPSA is committed to supporting, developing and enabling both professionals and organisations.
The fundamental purpose of CIMPSA is to set clear guidelines and standards for success, when it comes to the training and development of those seeking a career in sport and physical activity. More specifically, CIMPSA engages with the sport and physical activity industry’s key stakeholders and workforce (such as employers, deployers, active partnerships, NGBs, awarding organisations, higher educational establishments, training providers, practitioners, professionals, and policy shapers to accomplish) to determine best and most appropriate techniques for them to adopt.
What is CIMSPA Membership?
It’s possible for individual professionals to obtain a CIMPSA membership if they desire. There are various CIMPSA membership pathways which recognise a wide range of professional statuses in order to reach specific career goals.
Pathways to consider include:
- Chartered Member – For those who are in a leadership role.
- Management Member – Suitable for professionals in a mid-senior management role.
- Practitioner Member – This membership is for individuals who are qualified and actively working as a health and fitness instructor.
- Affiliate Member – If someone is not qualified in the health and fitness industry but displays a keen interest, then this is the most suitable CIMPSA membership.
- Student – During the undertaking of a health and fitness course, it is possible to become a student member of the CIMPSA.
Is CIMSPA the same as REPs?
In short, no – CIMPSA and REPs are entirely separate from each other, despite both bodies regulating the health and fitness industry.
Sign Up for a CIMPSA Accredited Course Today
There are a multitude of health and fitness courses endorsed by CIMPSA ready to be discovered at Diverse Trainers. Whether you’re looking to grab your Level 3 Personal Trainer Qualification and more – Diverse Trainers is sure to have the course for. Our dedicated tutors will support you every step of the way towards gaining your qualification.