Level 2 Paediatric First Aid
Contact The Team
The HABC Level 2 Paediatric First Aid course is aimed at those that want to become a paediatric first aider in the workplace. This qualification is ideal for those that are responsible for the welfare of children in an educational or childcare setting. This Level 2 Paediatric First Aid course is priced at just £90, however, you can receive exclusive discounts if you make a group booking.
Why Choose Diverse
Diverse Trainers are offering this course for people who want to or already work with children. This course is delivered over (2 days) in a classroom based environment, the course is delivered both practically and theoretically giving the learners opportunity to experience a more hands on learning experience. The qualification can be delivered at a chosen venue and time to meet the needs of your colleagues. Alternatively you can book on individually using the selected dates presented on our website.
This course is delivered in 2 mandatory units:
- Paediatric Emergency First Aid
- Managing Paediatric Illness and Injury.
These units consist of practical and theoretical learner which will enable learners to:
- Understand the role of a paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation and act safely and effectively.
- Know how to provide first aid to an unresponsive infant or child who is breathing normally or abnormally.
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or child with a foreign body airway obstruction.
- Be able to provide first aid to a child that is wounded and/or breathing.
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant or child with suspected fracture/dislocation or a head, back or knee injury.
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or child suffering from shock.
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or child with conditions affecting the eyes, nose and ears
- Be able to provide an infant or child with chronic medical condition or sudden illness with first aid.
- Know how to provide a child or infant that is suffering with the effects of extreme hot or cold with first aid.
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or child that has been bitten, stung or poisoned.
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant or child that has been burnt, scalded or suffered from electric shock.
No prior qualifications are needed to sign up for this course, though an understanding of numeracy and literacy of the least level 1 is recommended.
Diverse Trainers can Deliver Health and Fitness Courses Anywhere in the UK
Simply tell us your preferred course and location and we can bring the training to you.
Kickstart Your Fitness Career
At Diverse Trainers, you can speak to a career advisor, or choose from our extensive range of accredited courses. Whether you are looking to become a gym instructor, a personal trainer or want to top up your CPD, Diverse Trainers can provide the right path for you.